Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Summer Art Round-Up

I'm back in Austin and unfortunately don't hate it as much as expected. After crawling out of my forest home, I thought perhaps I'd find city life despicable, making my choice of returning to Oregon easy. No such luck. While in six short months Austin has grown and gained noticeably more boutique shops, traffic, and jerks from Los Angeles gentrifying the east side, I still really love this town.

Had a chance to flip though my summer sketchbook recently and wanted to purge some of my older favorites before the new work starts pouring in. Comparing these drawings to the previous year's (summer '09), I see a pretty huge difference. More confidence, greater personality, refinement of style. I'm excited to see where this is going.

(click for higher quality images)










2 comments:

  1. I like the chicken. Ive been following your art and writings for a few months now, I really enjoy them all. Thanks for sharing and sorry (for us) that you fell back in love with Austin!

    Sincerely,
    Terah from CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terah! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete