Monday, April 19, 2010

Children's book writers are allowed to have political opinions, right?

A few days ago, my friend Sarah questioned a drawing in my portfolio: the president marionette. "I thought you liked Obama," she said. And she's right, as far as presidents go, I do like Obama. However, if you believe Obama or any president holds any substantial power in this world (or even this country), I think you're mistaken.

But my friend is right. Perhaps the drawing misrepresents my politics. After all, there are more deserving people who could be drawn attached to puppet strings.


1 comment:

  1. Beck was blunt with Forbes Magazine when discussing his success. "I could give a flying crap about the political process," he deadpanned. "We're an entertainment company." Forbes said that Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, raked in $32 million from March 2009 to March 2010. That included $2 million from Fox News for his daily television show, $10 million for his daily radio show, $3 million for speaking events, $4 million from his online operation, and a whopping $13 million in print endeavors with Simon & Schuster (books and a magazine). Beck dominated the New York Times bestseller list in 2009, with three separate No. 1 books and a total of 3.5 million books sold.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100426/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1772

    ReplyDelete