Monday, May 10, 2010

Hey, it's cheaper than a strip club.

Been attending some life drawing sessions after a long hiatus. I really enjoy the session on Monday nights because the poses are short and in quick succession. Quick poses don't allow me time to try and get the proportions and curves perfect. Quick poses don't allow me time to think. It forces me to use my intuition and rely on my impulses. While this method may not produce the most realistic drawings, they often contain much more life, and that's what I'm after.




This last image is my favorite. The pose was only one minute long and I didn't have time to complete the feet, but I like the unfinished look. It reminds you that it's only a series of lines, and it looks like she's rising out of the paper or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment